Tuesday 9 August 2016

Meet the Author: Shilpi Chaklanobis


Here today, I interview Shilpi Chaklanobis, the author of Panorama. 


Let's begin with the interview. 



Coming directly to the casual conversation, How did it feel when your Panorama got published?
It was an amazing experience. The fact that this is my debut book made the occasion all the more special. First time is always special and it was a great feeling to see the book with my name printed on it as the author. Shall cherish the moment throughout my life. 

What inspires you to write?
Writing is my way of expressing my thoughts. Whenever I feel strongly for anything (which may be anything – my voice for any cause or simply a story) and wish to communicate with the world to put my viewpoint in front of everyone, I pen them  down. 

How hard was it to sit down and actually start writing something?
It took a while to decide that I was ready to pen down the stories.  I love reading and have been writing blogs since long, but writing a book is a different ball game altogether. However, once I was convinced that the stories have potential to entice the readers, I started writing the book.

Writers are often associated with loner tendencies; is there any truth to that?
Well if you ask me then I would say No. Being lonely and being alone are two different states. Yes, to some extent, I feel writers love to be alone because that gives them the space and time to get creative ideas. But lonely? No.

What, according to you, is the hardest thing about writing?
The hardest thing about writing is to convey the story or idea to the readers in an captivating form.

What would you say is the easiest aspect of writing?
Nothing.

Have you ever experienced “Writer’s Block”? How long do they usually last? Any tips to overcome it?
Yes, I do sometimes get writers block. Whenever I am stuck, I step away from whatever I am writing and start doing something else to distract my thoughts like reading a book or article or listen to music.

Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors?
I love reading. The list of my favourite authors is very long but to name a few Jane Austen, O Henry, Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay, Rabindranath Tagore and Shivani are my all time favourites.

What is the most important thing about a book in your opinion?
Like it is said, “anyone who says that he has only one life to live must not know how to read a book.” And this, I think, is the most wonderful aspect of reading that allows you to travel the world and also have a glimpse of another era or place through the eyes or should I say words of the writer.

What is that one thing you think readers generally don’t know about your specific genre? Please share it with us.

Truly speaking, I do not follow any genre. I try to tell my story with full honesty and in the most interesting way. If you ask me about one word about my genre then I would say “Life”.

*-*-*-*

No comments:

Post a Comment