Sunday 3 July 2016

Meet The Author: Pavithra Ramesh


Pavithra Ramesh is a graduate from Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru, looking ahead to pursue her MBA in International Business and Finance. She has been an excellent academic performer emerging as the second topper in school (Commerce Stream) in her CBSE Board exam. Commitment and perseverance is her basic mantra. While based in Dubai, she has written many articles for a Sharjah daily newspaper. She has been the PR Event head of the Commerce Core Team in College and an active participant in cultural programmes in the field of dance. She has also participated in National Level Business Fests. She was a member of the entrepreneurship cell in college and was involved in the editorial team of Bengaluru e-cell. Writing is her passion. She now ventures with her first book ‘No Time to Pause’.  She believes that desire is the best driving force to success and trusts her instincts to find her goals and aspirations.



After reading her book 'No Time to Pause', I got a chance to interview the Authoress. And here is what she has to say about her book....

Q. Before we start the interview, can you please enlighten us about the Book and the Characters of the story?
A. Firstly I would like to thank you for the interview. Regarding my book, ‘No Time to Pause’ is a narration of a typical college student who decides to stay miles away from her family to get value education. She faces a host of challenges, encounters varied adventures and meets people who leave a tremendous impact on her life.
With the college term ending, she leaves the institution not only as an academic achiever, but also a strong woman ready to face the rough world out there. She realises that life keeps moving on and there is no time to look back or regret.

The protagonist, Pari, sets to live alone and meets this peculiar character Aditi whose actions are tinged by her past. The two of them are the main characters of the book around whom the story revolves.

Q. If I’m not wrong this is a fictional book but how real are the characters? And which one is your favorite?
A. Yes. the crux is fiction but the book has autobiographical parts and to a certain extent resemble living beings in the life of the author.

Though not completely, the characters are real only with regard to their appearance and background. 

My favourite is the fictional character Aditi who mirrors my thoughts and perceptions.

Q. Tell us about your favorite authors. What book or books did really inspired you?
A. I like Preeti Shenoy. Inspiration comes from every written piece and I have had it from the time I read books of Enid Blyton.


Q. This is your first book, so what made you to step into the creative world of writing?
A. I always loved writing. I often wrote small articles. This developed into an urge to try out something big. That is how I landed up with my first book.

Q. How does it feel being an Author? Can you tell us a bit about –pre and –post Author life?
A.It feels great to be an author. Who does not like doing something which brings recognition? As such there is not much difference in my pre and post author life. But yes, once I began with my venture, I realised that there is a lot to learn. I am becoming stronger with criticism. Moreover, after being an author I became aware that I need to keep improving my skills to reach out more efficiently to the readers.

Q. So are you Writer by 'choice' or 'chance'? And also tell us the reason behind it.
A. Well choice and chance go hand in hand in my case. I always wanted to write but never expected to turn up as an author. My first book is not a literary extravagance, but just an attempt to share my experiences. So yes, it was a chance as well.

Q. Sorry for asking this, but have you been rejected for your work (book)?
A. Rejection is a part and parcel of life. I wouldn't say my work was rejected but there was no clear response from many publishers I had approached before I got my hands on Half Baked Beans.

Q. Can we expect another book from your pen in near future? If yes, anything you want to disclose about it?
A. Yes. I would be working on my next book once the genre and plot are ready. 

Q. Tell us something that we don’t know about, Pavithra Ramesh.
A. Not many know that I am a dancer as well. I have been a part of various cultural programmes since childhood. I also have a love for fashion and often check out new outfits and makeovers. 

Q. If not reading or writing, what else do you like to do?
A. As I mentioned I love dance and keep a check on fashion blogs and DIYs. It keeps me going.

Q. Before ending this, I would request you to give some advice to the aspiring writers who want to be an author...
A. I would like to say start immediately. There is no point in procrastination. If you feel you have a passion for writing, begin with maybe small write ups and nurture your skills. And as I always say, follow your heart since intuition never betrays.

--- The End---

To read my complete review of the book, 'No Time to Pause', Click Here



No comments:

Post a Comment